Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Amazing Runners!

      At the end of the school year Draper Elementary does a fun run 5k.  This is their annual fund raiser and I love it!  I love that my kids don't have to try to sell overpriced/junky items to people who feel obligated to buy.  They just ask Grandmas and Grandpas for a donation, we donate and then we run.  It's awesome.  I was so impressed with my boys this year.  Keaton has been training with his class all year and is quite the firecracker anyhow so I knew he'd do great.  We saw him for a second at the beginning, and then he was gone.  McKay wanted to run with Tate and I (and the babies in the running stroller).  I let him know I was going to stay with Tate and it might be a little slow but he didn't care.  And so we ran, and the boys did awesome.  Tate ran a good majority of the race with Mac and I taking only a few rides on the stroller for breaks.  Up until the very last part when he had a good fall and we walked the rest.  McKay stayed with us about 2/3 of the run and then decided to go on ahead.  When we met up with Keaton at the finish he looked slightly green.  He stayed that way all day and seriously took a few days to get back to himself again, he ran that hard.  I'm so proud of them for doing so good.  Great job boys!!!  I love your guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment