Friday, August 3, 2012

Hand foot & mouth, strepthroat, & Flamming Gorge

     We took this trip over a month ago now and in spite of the title of this post and all that it entails, I'm still missing Flamming Gorge.  What a fun, beautiful trip!!  I grew up taking camping trips to Lake Powell and Flamming Gorge and it's my favorite thing to do with my kids now.  It's a ton of work, but it's all worth it!  A few days before we were supposed to leave I was in bed praying I'd get feeling better soon.  After two days of suffering I gave in and went to the doctor and it was strep throat.  Strep is awful, but I was glad to be able to get on an antibiotic and take care of it so we could go.  Unfortunately, Breck, Avery and Tate all got it right before we left.  So with antibiotics for the entire family in-tow, we set off for Flamming Gorge.
     Our neighbors the Burn's come to this place every year with their family. For some reason they didn't need all their reservations so we had the option to buy them and I'm so glad we did.  You actually boat into the campsite and dock your boat just off the beach.  So cool.
     We took this trip with some of our favorite friends the Larkins.  On the boat ride over Brittany noticed red dots on Breck's feet and asked if he had hand foot mouth disease.  I said no and then looked at him and saw red dots all over his feet with a few on his hands and in his mouth..poor baby!  Avery also had a few spots but not as bad....seriously!!!  I don't know if this is just our bad luck or just a lot of kids in the family equals a lot of illness.  We kept Breck on ibuprofen and babied him a bit and it was fine.  Brittany's kids just got over hand foot and mouth which was how she recognized it so quickly.   This picture does no justice to his red, swollen feet!!
      We spent hours and hours on the boat, touring and wake-boarding and tubing.  It was hazy from the recent fires, but beautiful and warm.
     On our first night the kids had a blast catching crayfish.  The recruited some of the Burns family and caught enough to boil.   Tate was a little upset about cooking them, but it was pretty fun and the other boys and Corey were brave enough to eat 'em!
    





      There was a HUGE rope swing that Corey and Kevin took advantage of.  I was shaking just watching them!!





     The biggest hits of the trip were the tube and playing on the beach.  Avery was the bravest and by far cutest tuber!  Check out that smile!!






1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. So sorry you had sickies that isn't fun. Sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete