Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Tate!!

     Tate turned seven this year!!  For some reason his age always shocks me.  I don't know if it's because he was the baby before the babies or what, but I can't believe he's seven!  This year is a party year at our house so I asked Tate what he wanted.  His request was to go with AJ (his very best friend) and have dinner at Arctic Circle and then watch a movie.  I was great with that!  So we made sure AJ was planning on it and I was thrilled at the simplicity.  Until the day got closer and Tate's mind was planning, planning, planning!!  It started with a costume...okay, I let AJ's mom know he was to wear a costume.  Tate wanted to dress up as Thor and wanted me to buy him a costume for his party.  Luckily he has a very creative brother who stepped in to make him one when I said I could buy it if we took back the present we'd gotten him.   McKay is so creative I love seeing what he comes up with.  Then, since Tate was dressing as Thor the boys convinced him to do an Avengers themed party...the night before his birthday.  How our Mom's survived without the internet I'll never know, but I googled some Avengers cupcakes, pulled out the Avengers for the movie and we were good to go!  Whewww! 
     The party was a hit!  AJ dressed as Iron Man and they had a great time playing, eating corndogs, and talking in lispy toothless voices that I LOVE!! 
                                             Happy Birthday Tater bug!  We sure love you!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment