I just couldn't resist a post about our spider, so sorry Marci. I've always been fascinated by these "cat-face" spiders. They're so big and cool looking! Well, at the beginning of October this beautiful arachnid made its home in a beautiful orb web just outside our kitchen sink window...just in time for our Halloween decor.
It was so fun to watch this spider so closely. We'd wake up and notice she'd re-spun her web. We would watch when an insect got stuck and she'd rush down to spin here meal up and carry it back up to her corner hide-out.
I researched how long she would live and she was supposed to die at the first frost, but she lasted so much longer. I guess she was kept warm by being on our heated home. We kept close watch on her until early January when she and her web were washed away in a rain storm.
My kids and I loved watching this beautiful creature and think about the many wonderful creations of our Heavenly Father and wonder at them.
No comments:
Post a Comment