Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

      My Halloween gift to friends and family that read my blog....a Halloween post prior to Thanksgiving.   Happy Halloween. 


We had a great weekend of Halloween celebrations!  Our ward hosted a trunk-or-treat on Friday which was really fun.  We have a great, close-nit neighborhood and it's always fun to get together. 




My good friend Alison dressed up as "Where's Waldo," so cute.  When people asked me where my costume was
 I simply replied that I'd gotten five costumes ready today and was burned out by the time I got to me.  



Alison's daughter Sydney is Keaton's good friend.  She went as Mr. T and Keat was a punk rocker. I
thought their costumes complimented each other very well.

Our friends the Larkin's kiddos.  Claire is a parrot and Laird
is a pumpkin.

       Monday the big boys went to school and I helped with Keaton's class party, very fun.  Then Corey took the kids trick-or-treating while I handed out candy.  The weather held out for the trick-or-treaters and everyone had a great time. 



       Avery was a ballerina.  She borrowed her darling costume from her aunt Hayley who wore it when she was two...so cute.  She really would have rather been an Indian with Breck, but being the only girl in this family she was forced to wear a tiara...sorry sweetheart, but you look beautiful!  Seriously, check out the bum on this costume...I could hardly stand the girly cuteness.  
Keaton originally wanted to be a girl, but this didn't sit well with me (call me a party pooper) so this is what we came up with....punk rocker.   It suited him well and he had lots of fun.  I need to remind him to bug my Mom about a picture of her and Grandpa as punk rockers not so long ago....

Tate wanted to be a black widow which was easy enough...pretty cute black widow.
         McKay wanted to be an Indian with Breck.  Such a sweet boy! 
                                                                                                                                               
 Here's Breck in the Indian costume Keaton wore six years ago.  So cute.  Breck is a tenderhearted kid, but has a stubborn streak and insisted on pulling the wagon with Avery in it. This was originally intended for Corey to pull both kids in, of course.  They were gone for about an hour and a half and made it to less than ten houses...pretty funny. 
 Check out that determined face!!

3 comments:

  1. oh my cuteness! I can't stand it! And that ballerina!!!OH GOODNESS! That yellow leotard reminds me of the ones we had back in the day, remember that? I love you and your darling kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they looked great! Avery is absolutely beautiful!!! love the tiara!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute pics. I love Keaton's punk rock look.

    ReplyDelete