Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cecret Lake (not so secret after all)


     After Corey's big race I was excited to do a few things with the kids.  We always have big plans for camping and hiking, but it's a bigger job than it seems to get out and camping with two two-year-olds has it's own challenges.   The kids had a day off so we called the cousins and headed up to Cecret Lake.  My brother-in-law Jared informed us that the reason for the spelling is because it was named by poor, uneducated miners...interesting. 
     I was so excited to see all of the beautiful flowers so late in the season, a benefit from having a long spring.  Halfway through the hike we met a moose.  He was about 5 feet off the trial and must have been just young enough not to care about any of us or the many people stopping to take his picture. 


   

 There were probably 200 people on the trail, but it was fun to mingle and enjoy the mountains together.  It also made for a few jokes about Cecret Lake not being so secret, thoroughly enjoyed by the kids. 


We were so glad to have Jar and the girls with us!  It's been so fun to get to know them better.  This picture was hilarious and highlights both girls perfectly!!  Gretel is very imaginative and is pretending to be an animal on the big rock while Kaihli strikes a perfect pose!!!  Love, love, love you girls!! 
Corey and Breck

The boys took a lesser-traveled trail and got stuck on the side of a mountain.  Pretty funny, I was grateful we'd taken swimming lessons this summer!





2 comments:

  1. wow! what a beautiful cecret! I love it! You truly have such a beautiful family. Love you woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amber I LOVE the pictures!! thank you so much for posting them, I'm sad I missed it but I'm so glad you took pictures. Loves

    ReplyDelete