Sunday, February 12, 2012

A few things I want to remember...

Kids are funny, and hard and cute.  I find myself very amused by my own kids quirks and want to remember a few of them.  Keep in mind that these may be funny to me because they're my kids and I'm quite isolated from the outside world, but here goes...

I love finding these monkey's in every small space they can find!

The kids love Chinese food so I try to make it regularly.  This particular night I was excited to be making something everyone likes...almost.  I loved McKay's separation of the foods he'd like and eat and the ones he wouldn't.  Funny.


This is one stubborn girl!  She's gone to bed wearing all sorts of shoes including cowgirl boots and these cute rain boots she got from her cousin Aubrey.  She also went to bed with 8 elastics in her hair just to wake up crying and wanting me to get them out. Taking them out before she went to sleep? No way!


So amusing to me that this was one of my projects this week...making a bigger space for the water bottles.  As you can see I doubled the storage space, Corey was very impressed as will all you bike-wives out there!



Dancing twins.  Brecken actually got frustrated with me this week because I was dancing with Avery, that's his job.  I love that they just take each other by the hands and dance. 


A little 'splainin.'  This is a bible board book of our kids that we read to them at story time or we take it to church to keep them busy there.  The funny thing is is that whenever I read this to Avery she always stops on this page and says "oh no the bird getting him!"  It makes me laugh every time. 

Lastly, the writing on frosty windows.  It's hard to tell from this picture, but every morning after showers and as kids and parents get ready there is always a picture in the foggy window.  It's usually of one of the boys with glasses...a very common tease, but I've seen all sorts of things from scooters to their names.  It's one of those things you just know you'll miss someday when there's no stick figure in your bathroom window. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your kids. They are going to be something great someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you guys!!! and we miss you, it feels like a very long time since we've seen you. I love posts like these, some day you all are going to love reading them again.

    ReplyDelete