Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Flooded

     One day as I was leaving to pick up McKay from school I noticed water seeping out under the road right by my side yard.  There was a crack in the road and it was bubbling up so I called the water company and went to pick up Mac.    The guys came out and were checking things out and it really started coming and then there was a pop (that I could hear while inside my home) and the 24 inch water pipe burst. 


 
     It's pretty crazy to see 2 inches of water covering the road in front of your home.  We were fortunate that our house sits up higher on our lot.  Our neighbors were not so fortunate and had water running like a huge river through their yards and sheds.  Luckily the inside of everyone's homes stayed dry. 
 

They got the water turned off and it receded pretty quickly. 
 
 
Everyone came over to check it out, teenagers seeing how deep the water was by wading in it.
 

 
The 24inch water pipe burst open.
 

 
     Our water company was wonderful to work with.  They had a crew removing all the mud on our lawn by hand to preserve our grass.  Then they actually had a big vacuum machine to get as much as possible.  Now you'd never know anything happened. 


1 comment:

  1. Crazy! I would have never known! they did a great job fixing it

    ReplyDelete