Tuesday, April 7, 2015

More Beaches...

     We enjoyed our sleep in and continental breakfast & headed to the Astoria Column.  It was a fun little attraction.  They sell balsawood airplanes there so when you get to the top of the column you can throw them off. 

     Then we headed to a couple more beaches.  The drive alone was beautiful.  The forests around these beaches are dense and unique.  The moss has grown over these trees and created short, stubby branches that look like something out of a Dr. Seuss book. 
     First was Indian Beach at Ecola Park.  It was a breathtakingly beautiful place and we enjoyed finding crabs and other sea creatures in the tide pools. 
     My whole life I've heard my Dad talk about going to Cannon Beach & Haystack rock.  I've wanted to see it for as long as I can remember.  So even though we were pretty 'beached-out' everyone humored me & we went to Cannon beach.  I've seen pictures of Haystack Rock, but nothing prepared me for how big it is!  I literally gasped when I saw it.  Haystack Rock....check!

No comments:

Post a Comment