Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mountain Man Mac

Last week I had one of those moments when I paid for something I did in elementary school.  To be honest, I really don't remember this at all, but I have heard the story many a time.   One day my mom was coming in to the school to help with a party in one of my classes.  When I found out she was coming I told her she needed to wear a dress, cuz that's what all the other moms wear.  I'm sure she asked a few times to make sure but in the end she wore the dress along side all of the other jean-wearing mothers.  Of course, she was the only one. 
Last week Mac had a mountain man report to do.  It was one he'd worked on at school and we didn't really do much for it.  He came home the day before and asked if I had bought him a costume.  I told him no and asked if he needed one.  He said he did.  Lucky for both of us we have some neighbors who belong to the mountain man and woman association.  Their son had a very cool leather coat and "coon-skin cap."  So he was all set up.  Then he asked me if I could come.  I scanned the weekly e-mail from his teacher to see what time it was and there were no specifics.  I told him I thought it wasn't really for parents.  He said another little boy's mom came and he really wanted me to come.  So the next day I showered and got ready in 15 minutes flat, packed up the twins and went to the school.  We were a little early for McKay's report so the twins and I sat through two other reports of children who had no sort of costume and definitley no mother there to watch either.  Mac did a great job and I was glad I could go, but I did have to call my Mom when I got home so she could have the satisfaction of my "pay-back."

2 comments:

  1. What a handsome mountain man. I hope he got extra credit for dressing Up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!! I REALLY hope my kids don't pay be back with many of the things I did.

    ReplyDelete