It's this time of year that I start to hear Christmas songs in my head....namely "It's the most wonderful time of the year" and "These are a few of my favorite things..." Spring. Utah has crazy weather this time of year. A few weeks ago our temperature got up to sixty degrees, a few days later....snow. Go figure. But it's unmistakable when you see this....
At first glance it just looks like a bunch of dead plants I didn't get to trim before the first snowfall last year, but if you peer a little closer.....
My Mom and I always call each other at the first sign of spring. The bulbs. Really one of my favorite things in life. To add to the excitement I planted about six dozen each of tulips and daffodils last fall, it should be beautiful! To add excitement upon excitement I'll divulge a little secret. Thanksgiving Point has an amazing tulip festival every year. They plant about 250000 bulbs every year, if you get the chance...go. Every year they dig up that years bulbs and sell them. They're in unmarked bins and you just rummage through and pic what you want, except that you don't really know what your getting, at least until they bloom in your yard. How fun is that?? So I've got six dozen tulip bulbs in my front flower bed that I have no idea what they are. I can't wait to find out!!!!
Enjoy those fabulous bulbs for me!!
ReplyDelete