Thursday, March 24, 2011

Un-"Fredettable," & my love of talk radio....

I'm hooked!  Corey laughed at me a month or so ago when I said I hadn't really considered myself a BYU fan...ha ha.  So here's the story.  I started to listen to our local talk radio during the last presidential election.  I've always felt it so important to stay informed about politics and the world around you in general, but found it hard to get information convieniently...then came Doug.  I love Doug.  Doug Wright is the host of the 9-12 show on ksl.  He is a political junkie but covers all sorts of stories and I really enjoy his show and I can do it all while cleaning just about anything in my house, or changing diapers, cooking, etc. 
Then came "The Night Side."  It's on every night from 7-10 and hosted by my friends Ethan and Alex.  Ethan is a political junkie and Alex a sports junkie and they make quite the duo.  I started listening to them after the twins were born and I spent insane amounts of time in my bedroom nursing, pumping, changing diapers, etc.  Radio helped me feel like I was connected to the outside world. 
And last but not least....Greg Wrubell, the voice of the BYU Cougars.  Seriously fun radio listening to Greg call the games.  I've always enjoyed sports, but haven't been this excited about it since Karl Malone and John Stockton rulled the Jazz (my 12-year-old heart was broken to find out they were both married). 
Now the BYU basketball team is competing in the NCAA and have  made it to the sweet 16 and I just had to send a shout out and say GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BYU COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck to Jimmer, Jackson, Noah, Charles, and the rest of the team!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the loss tonight. At least Corey was there to comfort you with his serenading. ;)

    ReplyDelete