Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Why I LOVE Christmas Cards...

     Aren't Christmas Cards great??  I love them.  I love getting "fun" mail almost every day in December.  I love seeing pictures of friends and their families and how they've grown.  I've actually gotten a Christmas card with a pregnancy announcement...very cool.  We got a card from our Bishopbric, our insurance agent and our dentist.  My Mom always sends a beautiful card from an art gallery my parents love.  There are simple, traditional and very artistic and contmporary cards.  One amazing friend of mine sends a CD of cool Christmas music with their card. 
     Mostly I love getting cards from people who I haven't spoken with for years.  There's something about a Christmas card that gives you a free pass when it comes to that awkward.."I haven't done a good job keeping in touch with you moment."  When I send Christmas cards I send them to our close family members and old friends.  I love sending a card to someone that we loved once in our lives to say just that "we loved you once and we remember that at Christmas."  So thank you for all the Christmas cards!  Our door is full to the brim and I'll keep them up as long as I can get away with it! 

3 comments:

  1. Then there are slackers like me who haven't sent Christmas cards in ages. I do love the more random Christmas cards as well as the close family ones though. My favorite are the ones we get from our vet. Toby's birthday is 2 days before Christmas though so I'm sure it lifts his spirits to see the cards. That is if we actually shows them to him, but then he'd just eat them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copy and paste! That is how I feel about Christmas cards and I get mad at the ones I don't get one from, because I too would love to connect.

    Amaxing? I'm flattered because I'm positive when we meet up you will see our same old college selves and may want to take that back,...but glad u like the CD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Christmas cards are the best! I love getting them in the mail, and every year I stress about getting ours out, but it's worth it at the end of the day. Keeping in touch with friends is one of my favorite things ...

    ReplyDelete