Friday, July 6, 2012

School's Out Let the Fun Begin!!

      I love my kids school.  They have great teachers, good programs and a feeling of home there.  One of my favorite things is the annual fun run fundraiser.  Instead of selling aweful, overpriced stuff, they host a fun run.  The kids get donations for their school and then they run a 5k together.  It's awesome.  100% of the money donated goes to the school.  This year they were earning extra money for a mobile computer lab so my kids set up a snow-cone/bake sale table in our front yard and were able to earn enough to meet their individual goals.  I'm sad I didn't get a pic of their table, but it was pretty awesome.
     The first fun summer activity we did was John Huntsman day at "This is the Place" state park.  It's a special day where John Huntsman pays for everyone who goes including yummy ice cream for all.  We went with Kathy and her girls and Hayley and her sweet boy.  So fun to be there together!
Gretel and Tate
                                                           
  Wyatt, Keaton, Mac and Avery....enjoying her ice cream.
                                    
   Cute Ady
   

Me and Wyatt.  This kid gives me deja vu....so like his daddy!!



     Posing at the carpenters shop, a very cool Native American dance program, panning for gold and a much needed shave for McKay at the Barbers shop.  What a fun day!  I can't wait to see what else summer holds for us!


Brecken at the end of the day...time to go home! 







                                

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun day! thank you so much for taking the pictures and posting them. I'm lazy in the picture taking department these days :) it is nice to see the pictures and remember that day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great. That is what our school (well the one I USED to teach at) does too! I think it is so much better and healthier than selling chocolate bars eh? haha

    ReplyDelete