Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Montana

    
     This year the Larrabee Family Vacation was at Bull Lake, Montana.  And though we've had a bad luck streak with illness on these trips we were all excited for a new streak of awesomeness.  What a beautiful place! This is the view from our private dock...spoiled, I know.


The biggest hit of the trip was of course, the lake.  We had access to all sorts of kayaks, paddle boats, and sand toys, along with the ski boat.  The weather was wonderful and it was so fun to watch the kids play together and see all the different combinations of friends.  We had fierce diving competitions, awesome rides on the tube and sand castles galore!
 
 
On one of the days we got everyone (almost everyone)  out on bikes for a mountain bike ride.  It was a beautiful trail that used to be an old highway.  The big boys did awesome as usual and it was so fun to see Brecken and Avery do so well.  It was great.  Then we stopped for lunch at the trailhead to Kootenai Falls.  This was a good little hike to the biggest falls I've ever seen.  They were so pretty and awe-inspiring. 
 


 
 
 The Swinging Bridge was a little hike away so we couldn't pass that up.  It was great too.  This was the bridge and then the view of the beautiful Kootenai river from the bridge. 



 
 Another day we went to a BEAUTIFUL place called Ross Creek Cedars.  I first saw these on a run with Stan and Marci.  It's so green and lush and was fun to visit with everyone at a slower pace.  We got the best pictures there and though I'm not one for scenery pics without people in them I just couldn't help myself. 



                                            Ty taking pictures of the kids inside the tree.
                                                             Breck & I inside a cedar tree.







    
     Thanks family for a wonderful trip!!  It's always so good to be together to have some new adventures and make more memories!





 

1 comment:

  1. Yeay for more posts from Amber!! I'm so glad you posted the pictures from the vacation, it was awesome! it's so fun to go back and remember all the fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete