Monday, July 29, 2013

Bye Zhao

     Near the end of Zhao's stay we wanted to give him a Utah camping experience.  We didn't have the energy to actually go camping and given Zhao's lack of adventure we decided to do a little back-yard-campout.  We started with a campfire, hot-dogs, and s'mores and ended with a movie in the tent.  Not exactly roughing it but the boys and Zhao loved it. 
 

     The time to say goodbye came too quickly.  When people would ask how it went I'd tell them "I'd keep him if I could."  The dynamics were just right.  He got along great with my kids.  He was easy to please, respectful and helpful.  He and McKay had a special bond and it was particularly hard for him.  We had to take him to his bus at 5am which was good.  We got most of the goodbyes over with the night before and then I drove him the next morning.  I was surprised by how hard it was for me.  I said bye and gave him a hug and got in my car and cried.  What a great experience, I think we'll be doing it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment