Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Retraction..

I've been on crutches now for about the last month trying to get rid of this stress fracture and it just wasn't getting better.  So my doctor decided to send me in for an MRI in case it was a "bad case."  I heard phrases like "pin your hip," "six weeks of crutches," and "total hip replacement!"  So I obediently made the appointment and got an MRI last friday.  They said the results would be ready on Monday and guess what????  NOT A THING.... my bones are completely healthy and whole.  So my doctor proceeded to appologize for making me get that expensive test and really having no idea what's going on with my leg, he sent me some stretches to do by e-mail and said to call if it doesn't get better.  So the marathon's still out, but at least I'm walking, we'll see about running in a few weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that your leg is better. What marathon were you planning on running? Do you do full marathon's or halfies? I've never doen either, but when your leg is all better I'd be up for virtually training with you for a half marathon (though I know you'll blow me out of the water, but it would be fun all the same)

    ReplyDelete