Last weekend we went down to St. George for the True Grit 50-mile endurance race. It would likely take Corey a good majority of the day to do the race, but that was okay because it was St. George right??? Nice and warm with quick access to a park that we could spend all day at, basking in the sun....well, it was a nice dream.
Corey's Mom left at about seven for her ride and Corey and Stan left shortly after. The boys got dressed and headed out to play at the "dirt hill." I was at the condo with the twins getting lunch ready. At about nine o'clock it started to rain. It started out soft but then got harder and harder and very consistent. I called the boys in (had them strip down outside, threw them in the bath and their clothes in the wash) and thought about the bikers riding in the rain.
Blyth was supposed to be back at about eleven but didn't show so I called her cell with no answer. At about twelve I received a shivery call from her taking me up on my offer to pick her up. Corey gets his determination from his mom...and that's no small thing. When we got to our rendezvous point her whole body was shaking cold and didn't stop for a good while.
I'm so sad I didn't get pictures of the wet/muddy riders. I'm sure it was a sight to behold. Corey and Stan cleaned up a bit before they got into the truck to head back to the condo so I never saw them completely muddy. Ironically it stopped raining and warmed up for the late afternoon and all day Sunday. At least the boys got to play at the park while we cleaned up the condo.
In spite of the rain it was a good weekend. We got out of the house and spent time together. The kids were great on the drive and we finished reading "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." Stan finished a muddy 28 miles and Corey 38. Great job men! Here are a few of our indoor highlights!
 |
Paper airplanes off the loft of the condo. |
 |
| Beautiful babies fresh out of the bath! |
 |
| Collecting lava rocks on our way home (note Keaton's rock in his pocket!) |
 |
| Avery discovered the art of painting with licorice! |
 |
| A sleepy little girl after a fun-filled weekend! |
A great weekend all in all.
Your hair looks dark, and you look BEAUTIFUL! What wonderful pictures of your family! I love love love you!
ReplyDelete